25 Awesome Jobs for Fast Typers That You Can Use to Make Extra Money
How are your typing skills? Are you a whiz on the keyboard whose fingers quickly and accurately fly over the keys? If this sounds like you, check out these 25 awesome jobs for fast typers that you can use to make extra money. If you’re not quite there yet, there are ways to learn to type faster. But first, let’s look at jobs for fast typers that you can do from home!
What are Jobs for Fast Typers?
Working from home has become much more common since 2020. In fact, it was reported in December of 2020 that 71% of employed adults in the US were working from home and 54% would want to continue working from home. If you are looking for jobs for fast typers that you can do from home, you are in good company!
Jobs for fast typers are not all transcription and secretarial work. They don’t have to be boring either! If you are looking to get paid for typing fast, you have many options to choose from. There are lots of jobs that require fast typing!
How to get started with Jobs for Fast Typers
This post will give you a great idea of what kinds of jobs for fast typers are out there. Use this as your starting point. You could also:
- Take a typing speed test – this will give you an estimate about how fast you can complete work. A typing speed of 60 words per minute is considered fast with 92% accuracy.
- Explore your options – pay varies greatly depending on what kind of writing you do and who you work for. Be sure to explore all your options so you don’t sell yourself short.
- Have an idea of how much to charge.- If someone asks you your rates, you need to be ready with an answer that is both fair to your client and yourself.
- Be sure you have the software and the internet connection needed for the job. – In most cases, Google Docs or Word along with a laptop and a stable internet connection is all you need.
- Look at the typing job requirements closely. – Make sure that you can deliver what they need and that you meet or are close to meeting the qualifications.
Tips for Success With Jobs for Fast Typers
Even if you are a very fast typer, you still need to know where to find work. You could also enlist the help of an AI tool like Jarvis to help you write faster or deliver more convincing sales copies.
Consider your strengths and what kind of writing you do best.
- Are you great at writing fiction?
- Do you love talking to people and listening to their stories?
- Does court drama have you on the edge of your seat?
- Do you want an online typing job or a typing job from home where you can work in the comfort of your pajamas?
- Can you speak another language or could you watch videos all day?
Freelance Jobs for Fast Typers
These freelance typing jobs are perfect if you like being your own boss. You get to choose what projects you take and what projects you reject. There are different types of freelance writing. Freelance writers make around $30/hour on average. This is one of the most varied categories of jobs for fast typers.
1. Magazine Articles
There are tons of magazines that still need people to write for them. They often hire freelancers. It’s a great job for a fast typer! Typically you will either need to write a letter to the publisher to pitch your article idea, or you can ask if they already have story ideas. Expect a rate of between $50-$1000.
2. Blog Posts
Blogging is a powerful tool used both to build individual brands and for businesses. if you are a fast typer looking for work, writing blog posts for others is a great freelance job!
Even better than writing for someone else is starting your own blog. With it, you can build your own brand, help other people, talk about things you love, and make money. There are many ways to make money with a blog, and many niches that are successful. Start a Mom Blog has made over $1 million! That’s one of the best things about starting your own blog – it gives you a life of freedom, can retire your husband, and has no income cap. The sky is the limit!
Check out the Blog by Number Course if you’d like a step-by-step walk-through of how to set it up!
Ghostwriting is writing where you write in someone else’s voice, they put their name on your work, but you get paid. It’s common practice in the world of content creation. Ghostwriters can get paid by the word, by the hour, or by the project. This makes it an excellent job for fast typers.
Have you always dreamed of writing a book? Stop dreaming and start doing! Today, it is easier than it has ever been to publish a book. You can self-publish or you can submit a book to a publisher, such as Harlequin. The pay varies greatly and depends on many factors.
6. Online Lesson Writer
More kids are going to school virtually than ever before. If you have a teaching background and you are a fast typist, then you might be able to get a job as an online lesson writer! Pretty cool – you still get to teach and still sit at home!
7. Real Estate Listings
Real estate is a big market and agents already have a lot on their plates. If you are looking for fast typing jobs and you love browsing through homes for sale, you might be able to type up real estate listings. Finding an agent or agency to work with can be as simple as an internet search!
8. Script Writer
How much television do you watch? Odds are, you have your own favorite show or movies that you indulge in regularly. Those programs need scriptwriters as do comic books, video games, and advertisements.
9. Grant Writer
There are many grants out there that go unpaid because no one applies for them. Thousands of dollars are up for grabs, but no one wants to tackle the application. Grant writing is somewhat technical, but many organizations and businesses would love to have a grant written for them!
Transcription Jobs For Fast Typers
Listeners are expected to type at a good speed with little or no errors and have a laptop and internet connection. You can make an average of $25/hour audio transcribing. Just as a ballpark figure, it takes an average of about 4 hours to transcribe one hour of clear audio. Transcription is one of the most well-known jobs for fast typers.
Medical transcription can be a great health job from home. If you are a fast typist and are already familiar with the medical terminology, you might have found the perfect job as a fast typer for you. A medical transcriptionist listens to audio files and converts them to written documents.
A legal transcriptionist listens to recorded proceedings in court and then creates accurate documents. These documents can be referenced by lawyers and court officials and may serve as official records. It sounds technical, and a bit intimidating but there are legal transcription jobs at home for beginners. However, it’s usually a plus if you have law office experience.
12. Financial Transcription
A financial transcriptionist takes recordings of business meetings, analysts, reports, financial reports, and other recordings in the business sector and transcribes them. If you have a business background but are tired of the 9-5 this could be an excellent work from home job for fast typers!
13. General Transcription
If medical, legal, or financial transcription is not your thing, general transcription is still a great job for fast typers. You can still transcribe audio files to a digital document.
Examples include: transcribing a podcast into a blog post, recording business meetings, lectures, or speeches.
14. Copy typing/Manuscript Typing
Copy typing is a transcription job for fast typers in which you type up a handwritten document. You convert text to text.
Jobs for Fast Typers Online
15. Video Captioning
If you are looking for an online job for fast typers, and you love to watch videos, video captioning might be for you! You listen to the video and you type out captions for it. This includes youtube, television, movies, or marketing videos.
16. SEO Optimization/Content Improver
Are you a fast typer and know SEO and good content like the back of your hand? Many people will pay you to put those skills to work for them!
17. Social Media
There are many jobs for fast typers online that have to do with social media. This includes writing ads, Pinterest descriptions, Instagram captions, and unique content. It’s one of many work-from-home social media jobs!
If you are a grammar whiz and love to read as well as type, you could be a proofreader. Many documents need a keen eye to look over them and no one wants an embarrassing typo!
19. Email Marketing/Support
If you have a website or a blog, you need to build an email list. But not everyone has time for emailing their followers every week. Are a fast typer that loves sending and responding to emails? You could get a work-from-home job in email marketing and/or support!
Remote Jobs for Fast Typers
20. Data Entry
Jobs for data entry at home are an increasingly common remote job for fast typers. They put information into a database or documentation software. They may record numbers as well as transcribe text or data from phone conversations or response forms. You may want a part-time job for data entry, or you could do it full-time as well.
Editing is closely related to proofreading as a job for fast typers. They may work on many of the same types of projects. However, where a proofreader is primarily focused on grammar and the technical aspects of a piece, an editor looks at the flow readability, and tone of the text.
22. Customer Service Support
Are you a fast typer that loves talking to people? You might be a great fit for a remote customer service support person. This typing job from home is usually one that can be done from home for a company or business.
Virtual assistants are the unsung heroes of the blogging world. They are the side-kick to many bloggers that stay behind the scenes, yet do a wide variety of work. A virtual assistant could help schedule social media posts, work customer support, create content, optimize existing content, set up sales funnels, and much more!
24. Administrative Work
Businesses will always need administrative work. If you are a fast typer and you like secretarial duties, scheduling, and administrative support roles, you could work remotely online. You can do this as a freelancer or for a business.
If you are a fast typer looking for a remote job and you speak another language, you could get a job translating documents from one language to the other.
Where to Find Jobs for Fast Typers
There are many places to find jobs for fast typers. Even if you are looking for freelance writing jobs from home for beginners, you have options! Start with these sites:
- Copify – Specializes in webpages, copywriters, blog posts, ecommerce, articles, press releases, product descriptions, and email writing.
- Freelancer – Has a wide variety of freelance jobs. People post a project and then you bid on it as a freelancer.
- Problogger – Their job board is updated regularly and features work from home writing jobs. Most have rates attached to the jobs.
- Remote.co – If it’s remote work, they have jobs for it on their boards. Some have salaries/rates attached some do not. Most of these are working for companies.
- Remotive – This is another platform that features remote work. If you want to search jobs for fast typers, search the “writing” category. There are some freelance opportunities as well as companies looking for regular content creators, copywriters, and more.
- Upwork – Upwork was rated the #1 freelance platform of 2021. You make a profile and find work. Their writing and translation jobs have 10k postings a WEEK for a variety of time frames.
- Writology – Online platform JUST for writing jobs. They have staff writers as well as freelancers. Like most other platforms, you sign up, complete a profile, bid for projects, get awarded a project, finish it, and get paid.
- ClearVoice – Clearvoice is a great place to find freelance jobs for fast typers. They keep a portfolio of writers and match companies with writers. You sign up, and they email you jobs that you can choose to accept for not.
The Last Thing You Need to Know about Jobs for Fast Typers
There are many legitimate jobs for fast typers that you can do remotely, online, and from home. Most involve transcribing documents, recording information, creating content, or optimizing existing content. If you want to improve your typing speed, the University of Cambridge suggests slowing down to avoid mistakes, not looking at the keyboard while you type, and dedicating time to practice.
Freelancing is becoming increasingly popular in today’s online world. What type of jobs for fast typers interests you the most? Can you think of any others? Leave me a comment below! I’d love to hear from you!