How to Create an Online Course

OR IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A COURSE, WHY DID YOU CREATE ONE?

First of all, give yourself a high five for committing to creating your online course! Sharing your knowledge, expertise and talents with the world is a noble act.

You’re being brave and putting yourself out there. That’s awesome!

You’re entering the world of online teachers, all while working from your laptop.

We live in an amazing time right now.

You can teach thousands without standing in front of a classroom.

You can change other people’s lives.

You can inspire them. Motivate them. Help them.

I am beyond proud of you. Most likely you’re a busy mom and creating an online course is one thing you’ve added to your already full plate.

This is going to be hard work – but it will be so worth it!

By the end of this journey, you will be a different person. And bonus, you’ll have an online product to share with the world.

I’m here to help you create, launch and grow your online course.

You can do this! Let’s go!

Because I want you to be as successful as you can be. You need to complete the following action.

This step by seem so trivial, but trust me, it really really works. I want you to write down your big WHY for creating your online course. Or if you’ve already started creating your course, but you need a bit more motivation to keep going, write down your big goal in the comments below.

Because people with written goals are 50% more likely to achieve than people without goals.

And additionally, sharing your goals with a friend (like me) is proven to increase the chances of you achieving your goal. [Read more here]

I share my goals frequently with those around me, and it helps keep me accountable. This small step has allowed me to grow a super successful blog in less than a year, and you can do it too.

So please, write down your BIG WHY in the comments below.

I’m excited to help you on this amazing journey of becoming a successful online teacher!

xo, Suzi

Create Your Online Course

Now that you have your big goal written down! Create your course step by step with Course by Number.

• Monika says:

I want to help other moms manage stress and find internal peace. I’d like to be able to leave my 9-5 and be home with my boys. My goal is to launch by November 1st.

• Ginny Hanson says:

I want to help those who suffer with a chronic disease, like myself, who live in isolation and fear, learn how to make a small shift in their mindset to find joy and purpose in their life. My goal is to start my course on October 1.

• Sarah says:

I want to leave my 9-5 job and be able to stay home with my kids and work on the blog full time. In order to do that, I need to replace my income now with income from my blog/course. My launch date is September 30, 2020.

• Juliet says:

I have lost an enormous amount of income with Covid, but in a way it been a blessing as I am wanting to retire, spend time with my grandchildren but still earn an honorable income. I hope to finish by end December and start off 2021 with a bang.

• Kate says:

My goal is to replace some of my lost income from COVID with this course. I will be writing a course about mystery shopping. I hope to be finished by August 31st.

• Robin says:

My big why is to help other neurodiverse families like mine and be able to stay home with my kids during the pandemic. I will complete my first course and associated marketing by the last day of August 2020.

• Juhi says:

My WHY is to create an extra income through my course(s) by helping other people earn an income making money online (the way I do). This would be to help pay for my son’s college as he starts this fall. I would like to teach other people to make an income using multiple streams (no “all eggs in one basket situation”). I will have my first course up by Oct 30th 2020.

• I want to create a video course for parents of teens by the end of July, 2020. I want to be able to make the mortgage payment and even more. I feel like I have the blogging thing down, and I have a book as well. So excited to have this as a choice soon on my soon-to-be updated website!

• Sheree says:

My goal is to launch my course by July 15th.
    My why is because I want to help parents who think they aren’t qualified enough or don’t know where to start, but they really want to homeschool their kiddos.
    Making money from this course will allow us to travel more and take our homeschooling around the world!

• Catherine says:

My goal is to have finished creating my course on ‘How to handle your emotions in a healthy and powerful way’ and launch it by 1 August 2020. I would like to at least earn EUR 2000/month all through 2021 to supplement my income. I am giving myself time in 2020 to figure the whole process out to get to that amount of income in 2021.

• Preeti says:

Create an online course to help more & more clients & make extra income. I aim to launch my first course by 31st of July 2020

• […] of online teachers is a growing business with huge potential for financial success. Don’t know how to create an online course? Hey, I got you […]

• Erin says:

I would like to reach more people, as a therapist, instead of only one-on-ones, and diversify how I spend my time. I’d like to launch by August1st 2020

• Kat says:

My why is to create an income online to eventually replace my current job. I plan to launch my first course about teaching your kids music at home by April 30th, although I plan to offer it free for the first couple weeks to help parents who might need free resources at home right now.

• Amber says:

My WHY is to be able to still help my husband in providing an income for our family once we begin growing our family to be able to be a stay at home mom.

Also, I want to help brides in planning their dream wedding by taking all the stress and uncertainty away from the planning process.

I plan to launch my first course by June 1, 2020. (Cause who doesn’t love a June wedding ☺️)

• Melissa says:

My WHY is to empower more women to live happily, confidently and securely through financial literacy.

My goal is to create a stream of revenue separate from my financial planning practice so I can leverage my time, serve more women and pay off my mortgage by 10/10/22.

• Alex says:

MY BIG WHY is to create a full-time income by teaching ONLINE. I’m an art Teacher and I don’t have the time to teach in a afterschool program, because my wife works at night so is hard. Also I want to be free of my students loans.

• Kelli says:

My big WHY is to create a full-time income by teaching/coaching new teachers. I plan to retire from full-time classroom teaching in June of 2021, and I want to make course creation my “second act.” I plan to launch my first course on March 1, 2020.

• Mae says:

My big WHY is to retire (again) not having my time being managed by someone else, the freedom to work from home or while traveling. Having a 7 figure income, able to cover the basic living expense but enough left over to help others. My goal is to crush this course by Feb 28, 2020, and launch April 15, 2020, or before.

• Judith says:

My big why is to make enough money to work from home and retire my husband from his job so that he can start his own work from home doing what he loves. I will finish this course by or before February 5th and hopefully launch within a few weeks from there, if not sooner. Yes, it’s aggressive, but I’m tired of trying to find online work to get me by so I’m pouring into this.

• Judith says:

My goal is to finish Course by Number by February 6 and create my course by May 1, 2020. I have a passion for helping moms through my blog and after 8 years need it to support itself. My ultimate goal is to create an income that will make it possible for my husband to retire.

• Marissa says:

I want to have my course completed and launched by June 2020. I’m giving myself a lot of time because I’m exploring a different niche with my course and want to build blog posts and an email list with an audience that is interested in this new topic.

I am hoping to double my blog income with this course by the end of 2020 so we can start saving for a new house that we have been hoping for! I also want to be able to help my parents financially because my dad is sick and still working at 70 years old. I’d love to help him retire soon.

• Maia says:

My why is to help more of my audience with their pain points AND because I want to create more consistent, reliable income from my blog. My completion deadline is March 31, 2020.

• LOL, I just launched my course 3 days ago. So far, so good. Very pleased with the results. I’m taking this course to improve my results so I can be sure to earn at least $2000/month on this course for all of 2020 (more would be even better).

Why do I care? My goal is to get to at least $25,000 per month on a steady basis by June 2020 so I can pay off the rest of my debt. I was at $238,000 and now down to $109,000 and I want that gone by Thanksgiving 2021 (almost 2 years), but I really want to accelerate that.

I may do another big course by Sept next year (completely different topic and different target so a big if). I plan to do another smaller one (related) by April/May. And, I will be improving and expanding recent course.

• Kelly says:

I want to launch my course by April 1, 2020 and my why is because I want something to make money and to leave my boys a future.

• Rosie says:

I want to get my car and student loans paid off. I went to school and have taught for four years now. I enjoy teaching and want to share my passion of teaching and crocheting with others.

My Course Deadline is November 1st.

• Claudia Mann says:

Thank you for all you do, Suzi! I’ve been following you for a while and love your supportive nature!

My Why: To continue teaching and sharing my love, experience, and success in Montessori education to a broader audience and to support my family in the process. I’ve been doing online business, writing ebooks, curriculum, giving face-to-face presentations, mentoring new and experienced teachers and administrators, and parents, too…so many different aspects of my commitment to Montessori education…for years and now I want to put those experience to work for a larger group of individuals. I also want to learn this to help my children, especially my daughter who has a physical disability, but so many other skill, to see that they can do this too, to support themselves in a more independent way.

My goal for the first course is to finish it through the video process so it’s ready to go out next week! Just know that I’ve already pretty much written it using your coaching videos, and even given a webinar that was well-received. That is the basis of the course. So this short goal shouldn’t be too far off. I’m comitted to getting it done, because I’ve been working toward it for weeks. I just need to get the final lessons organized, get the handouts into final form, and then get it out there!

• Roberta says:

My WHY is to help put my daughter through College DEBT Free and pay off my Student Loans!

My long term why would be able to move out of the long Corporate hours and to be able to stay home and have more family time and family vacations.

My Goal for my first course is to create a course that can help others start and grow a Residential Cleaning business so that they do not have to rely on an employer and the economy. My goal is to have the Course done by January 2020.

• Jackie Baxa says:

With my two boys now 12 and 16, I’m in between the 24/7 craziness of mothering babies/little kids and the pending empty nest stage. They still keep me plenty busy but I’ve been hankering for at least a partial return to a vocational life.

My Big Why — create extra income. But it’s less about needing the money than it is about reconnecting to the confidence that having a successful career once gave me long ago, before leaving that behind for FT mom-ness. I want to shore up my family’s financial independence so we can support our kids as they transition to adulthood and enjoy freedom in retirement. Most importantly, I feel like I have a voice and a brain, heart and spirit with ideas I want to share.

I’m still honing in on long term goals for my blog and writing but in the short term, I have a ton of information on how to move to Spain (having just returned to the US after three years as an expat). My goal is to develop an eBook or members only area on my website for a fee that walks people step by step through the baffling process of getting their Spanish visa. In the meantime, I’ll keep reflecting on other things I might have to share that could be developed into a full online course. I’ll set January 1 as a goal to get the Spain eBook live.

• Danielle says:

My Why is to help speed along my family being debt-free from my hubby’s school loans. I also want to monetize my passion and skill for writing and teaching in a way that allows me more flexibility once our second baby joins the family. I want to create a class that’s affordable and helpful to families and parents navigating the journey of setting guidelines for their children with technology and screens. I want to launch my course by January 2020.

• I want to create a course that will genuinely help others. At the same time I want financial freedom to do the things I love to do and reduce overall stress in my life. I love to help others improve their overall health and live their best life and I think health and fitness are key to making that happen. Without your health you have nothing and cannot be there for those who need you most. I so look forward to helping people with this platform and making a difference in people’s lives.

• I love those goals Marietta. And I totally agree about health! When I stopped going to the gym, I got depressed, more stressed out, and just overall couldn’t handle daily life pressures. health needs to be #1!

• >