How can I help you?
Find the info you need quickly!
With three beautiful kids and 50,000+ amazing students in my courses, my time is limited. You’ll find what you need faster by using this page 🙂 I keep it up to date with all my reader’s questions.
Want 1:1 help?
If you have a personal question, get 1:1 help here.
frequently asked questions
Below are the questions that I receive in my inbox daily. I compiled this resource to help you on your blogging journey. If your question is not in this list, leave it as a comment at the bottom of the page. *This post may contain affiliate links.
Help! I can't access my courses!
If you’re stuck or forgot how to access your courses, just go here and follow the instructions. This works 99% of the time!
I'm completely new to blogging, where do I start?
I’ve managed to build my blog from $0 to over $10K while raising two under two, and you can do it too. I’ll share with you everything I know.
If you are brand new to blogging, here is a great post outlining the different ways you can make money with a blog. It features moms just like yourself who have built successful blogs on different topics, from fashion, to home decor to finance. It always inspires me!
Once you’re inspired and you know you want to do this, then head on over to my Blog by Number course. It’s a step by step course with printables, lessons and video tutorials to guide you in building a professional blog. At the end of the course you’ll have a blog ready to share and be able to make money from home.
If you’re ‘newish’, you know a bit about blogging and you may already have a blog up, but you need a better plan. Then you are welcome to download my 12 Month Plan that helped me grow my blog to over $9,000 per month. Get the 12 Month Blog Plan here.
How long does it take before making money with a blog?
How much time does blogging take?
Now that my blog is established I spend about 2 hours a day on my blog, and most of that time is answering emails. In the beginning you won’t have many emails to respond to, so you can focus on creating content and building a network.
Blogging is a marathon, not a sprint. It is extremely flexible and you can work early in the morning (like I do), over nap time, or super late at night when the kids go to bed.
Most bloggers get overwhelmed in the beginning and stop. But once you get into a good rhythm, it is not difficult to maintain a successful blog while raising little kids.
Here are my favorite time-saving tips:
How much does it cost to blog?
Click here to start your blog today! You can do this, I’ll be with you every step of the way.
When I started blogging the only things it cost me was the $5 for my self-hosted blog and lots and lots of coffee. 🙂 It wasn’t until my blog was 4 months old that I bought an upgraded theme, signed up for an email marketing service and started using services to sell my products (Blog by Number – the course just for moms). Now my blog makes over $10,000 per month and it costs me under $500 to run it. Most of that money goes to my email marketing service and the course platform I use to host my products.
Compared to any other work from home job a mom can do, blogging is one of the LEAST expensive with a HUGE potential for amazing income!
Is it possible to make money with a blog?
There are five main ways to make money with a blog:
- Affiliate Marketing – promoting a product with a special link unique to you. When someone makes a purchase through that link, you get a commission.
- Sponsored Posts – being paid for writing a blog post promoting a product.
- Products – creating your own products such as ebooks or online courses.
- Services – offering virtual assistant services writing content, managing email or offering online consulting.
- Advertisements – placing ads on your blog that generates money based on traffic and clicks.
For more detail, read how to make money with a small, medium or large blog and how to start a profitable blog.
How do I find a profitable blog niche?
- Your Passions: What do you love to do? What can’t you stop talking about?
- Your Strengths: What are you really good at? What do people compliment you on?
- Your Growth: What do you want to learn? Where do you want to improve in your life?
- Is it Profitable? And most importantly, what problem are you solving? People are willing to pay to fix a problem 🙂 So if you want to monetize, you need to provide a solution. What niche are you going after and how do you want to help them?
What should my first blog post be about?
So before you advertise your blog, I would advise having 3-5 pillar posts published. These are in depth, 2,000+ word articles that each address a certain main problem of your niche. They will lay the foundation for your blog and share very well on social media. People will see them as ultimate guides or resource tutorials.
Take your time crafting these and share all of your best advice. You want people to come to your blog and be blown away by your posts, even if there are just four.
For example, if you blog about breastfeeding, here are a few examples of great pillar posts:
- The Ultimate Guide to Breastfeeding a Newborn – 6 Month Old
- The 100 Benefits of Breastfeeding
- The Pros and Cons of Breastfeeding vs Bottle Feeding
- Everything You Need to Know about Breastfeeding and Bottle feeding
- The Essential Products You Need If You Decide to Breastfeed
Below are the pillar posts I had on my site before I started pushing traffic to it. It took me about a month to complete them all and be ready to launch. It may be quicker or slower for you. But ultimately you want your readers to find a few really good posts on our blog when they stumble upon it.
- How to get Traffic to a New Blog without using Social Media
- How to Make Money With a Mom Blog from Small, Medium and Large Mom Bloggers
- 25 Awesome Post Ideas For Your Blog
Lastly, before you launch here are a few other things that should be completed.
- A clear blog menu
- A good profile picture
- An About Me page
- A Disclosure Page – if you are using affiliate marketing
- A way to contact you (you can add this to your About Me page)
- Links to your social media pages
In Blog by Number, the beginning blogging course just for moms, I show you step by step how to do all of the above steps.
I have a blog but need a step by step plan.
I want to share with you the 12 Month Plan I used to grow my blog from $0 to over $9,000 per month in less than a year. Of course, results aren’t typical, but if you put in the time and effort, I am positive you’ll be able to make a few thousand after 12 months of following this plan. Yes, it takes time, but so does anything worthwhile.
Over 5,000 people have downloaded and loved this plan. The secret is not in the plan, it’s in the implementation. Get it below and follow it to great success!
I don't have time to blog, help!
- The Super Simple Weekly Schedule that uses Post It Notes
- Knowing what to say Yes and No to.
- How to Prioritize Your Life with a Simple Method
- 8 Practical Tips to Maintain Balance as a Work from Home Mom
- Get a Bullet Journal – I love how much time this saves me!
Can’t find an answer? Search my blog below – there are over 100 articles!
START YOUR BLOG HERE
ASK QUESTIONS: FACEBOOK LIVES
I have students around the world. Some of them wake up at 3AM their time to watch my Lives. 🙂
JOIN THE CHALLENGE
I host monthly challenges to encourage you to take action. Those that complete the challenge and submit their work are rewarded with a private group coaching call.
I am here to offer you the help and support you need to grow a successful blog.
I am committed to seeing you succeed.
GET THE PRODUCTS
I have over 10 ebooks and courses at super affordable prices to help you start and scale your blog.
50,000+ students are enrolled in my courses.
If you need help to start, grow or scale your blog, I have a product for you. I bundled all of my knowledge into each to implement online courses, so you can achieve the success you desire!
I would be happy to meet with you virtually for an hour for personal help. I can log in to your blog, fix your issues, or talk about business plans.
If you want 1:1 private coaching with me, sign up here.