The Best Free Productivity Tip You Can Use Right Now
In all honesty, I recently shared this tip with my email list and it went bonkers! I received so many amazing replies back that I knew I had to share it with more people than just the 4,121 people on my list.
Here are some of the responses I got:
“Thank you sooooo much for this email. It was EXACTLY what I needed this morning.”
“I normally don’t get emotional over emails but this one really touched me.”
“Hi Suzi, thank you for your emails. Your timing was spot on.”
“I especially like #1, it really works, I always wear my favorite pair of shoes when I’m working.”
“Thank you for the uplifting and inspiring email. It’s just what I needed this week! ”
“To be honest I’ve been struggling to be motivated about working on my blog these last few days, so your email was well-timed & really helpful. Thank you!”
“I no longer have young children, but I can tell you these things work based on experiences.”
“Love it! Just reading your points has started my day in a more positive mode!”
“Thank you for this Monday morning read! I sent three quotes from this to my husband..”
Side note – maybe this convinces you to sign up to my email list right? I send out a ton of helpful tips and advice that I don’t share with everyone on my blog. Because being on my email list is like being one of my close buddies, so you get the good stuff! 🙂
What is the Best Free Productivity Tip?
Of course there are many factors that play into this (good sleep, a supporting hubby, an angelic baby, fast internet), but my #1 tip that helps it ALL? It’s my attitude.
On days when I allow negative thoughts, or the comparison game, the stress and the overwhelm to take control of me, I get NOTHING done. I struggle to motivate myself, I’m a mopey person and drag others down. My productivity plummets.
But one the days I’m happy and positive, I get 100 times more things done. I crank out blog posts, I have fantastic ideas, I test new theories and systems, I am unstoppable.
My attitude is powerful.
There is so much truth in the quotes we have all read over and over. Read them again. And realize that even though they are short, they are filled with truth.
“The power of a positive attitude is the key to success.”
“Think positive, be positive, and positive things will happen.”
“A positive attitude gives you power over your circumstances, instead of your circumstances having power over you.”
“Believe in yourself.”
“Life is 10% of what happens to you, and 90% of how you react to it.”
“If you believe you can do it or believe you can’t, you’re right.”
“If you don’t believe in yourself, no one else will.”
Don’t let others ‘cramp your style’. Be positive, be you, know you can do this.
Look at the Movies
In most movies the main character has an initial conflict that they overcome about halfway through the movie. Think of the nerdy girl that finally realizes she is beautiful. Or the scrawny guy that turns out to be the best football player. Or Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman, when she regains confidence knowing that she worth more.
Make every day your ‘I can do this’ day! Don’t wait for others to tell you this, believe in yourself and know you can do it! Break through that internal conflict and be the nerdy girl who blossomed into the gorgeous and smart woman!
Negativity and anger will only bring you down, make you less productive and dull even the most delicious of pumpkin spice lattes. 🙂 But be positive, and even that cold cup of coffee from earlier this morning will taste good(ish).
But Life Is Hard!
Yes, motherhood is hard, but there are thousands upon thousands of positives about it. Instead of dreading changing one.more.poopy diaper, be thankful you have diapers! Instead of yearning for a better night of sleep, realize that there are women that yearn to hold a sweet little baby in their arms. Changing your attitude and outlook in life will make you happier and more productive.
Honestly, I always thought those inspirational positive quotes were silly. Yeah yeah yeah, a positive attitude is the key to success, whatever.
But it wasn’t until I tried and applied it myself that I really saw the huge benefit.
POSITIVITY BREEDS SUCCESS!
So next time when you are low on energy, feeling mopey and you just wish you get more done and be more productive, try these quick little tips below! ( Some of these tips may not apply to you, like “pulling weeds”, but they help me a ton – so make your own list too so you can easily go to it when you need a pick me up!)
Quick Ways to Boost Your Attitude and Be More Productive & Successful
1. Put on shoes – I get so much more done when I have shoes on. (silly, but it works)
2. Write a nice email to someone (Making someone else feel better boosts my own mood)
3. Call someone and give them a compliment
4. Put on a happy and upbeat song (“Do you realize?” – by Flaming Lips or “It’s a beautiful day” – by U2)
5. Do 10 jumping jacks (getting physical boosts your blood flow and clears your head)
6. Play silly games with your kids (acting a fool boosts anyone’s mood!)
7. Write down 3 things you’re grateful for. (Do this for 30 days straight and you’ll notice a huge change in your attitude. I do this daily in my bullet journal)
8. Say a prayer (pretty much the source of all my strength ;))
9. Put on makeup or a nice outfit (dressing up immediately boosts your attitude – that is why getting dressed in the morning makes you more productive)
10. Make love to your husband (those endorphins, which is a natural pain reliever, and oxytocin released during love making boosts your mood tremendously – but I probably didn’t need to tell you that 😉
11. Drink a strong cup of coffee
12. Clean out your desk/purse or organize something (cleaning is a huge mood lifter for me)
13. Pull weeds (probably the combination of being outside and doing a physical activity where I can see an immediate result helps me be more positive!)
14. Go for a walk (again, the outside air, natural beauty and physical activity are all mood boosters!)
15. Take a shower (and even if it’s short, be thankful for hot running water, pure luxury)
16. Sing or shout something really silly (“I am awesome”, “I am blessed”, “I can do this!”)
17. Bonus – eat a cupcake 😉
There you have it. The truth to success lies within you. It’s not an external app, or coach, or product that will make you become successful. It’s you.
When you are positive, you get more done, you face your problems with a can-do attitude.
Stop wasting your time with negative thoughts that truly zap your energy. If you’re reading this you have internet, a roof over your head, and an education. Those things should not be taken lightly.
What do you think? Let me know in the comments below!